2023 Race Day: Sunday, May 21
Escape your winter hibernation and grab a front row seat to a spring celebration on the doorstep of the iconic Chicago skyline. Meet us in Maggie Daley Park for live music, pick-your-own flowers and hot Chicago-style brunch — and earn a medal along the way! Come celebrate spring and join us at the Life Time Chicago Spring Half Marathon on May 21, 2023!
Age limit for the half marathon distance is 14 and over. This means if your child will be 14 by the date of the race (5/21/2023), they are able to participate in this distance.
Awards will be given to the top three overall male, female and non-binary finishers. Additional awards will be given to the top three men and women in the following age groups:
19 & Under
*Award winners who wish to receive their award but do not pick up on race day may select to have their award mailed. Shipping charges will apply.
Life Time has partnered with Chicago Endurance Sports to help you reach your next half marathon personal record! Pacers will be available for the pace/mile times listed in the graphic on the left.
Pacers will be wearing a specific blue “Chicago Half Marathon Series PACER” tank. Look for the CES Pace Team wearing blue tanks and holding their respective pace sign in the start corrals.
You do not need to sign up for a pace group in advance. Simply join the group on Race Day.
*Goal pace does not supersede corral assignment. Participants must start in their assigned corral.
At Life Time, we’re committed to providing a positive experience for every athlete that participates in our events. Our newest partnership with Dare2tri will ensure that we live up to that commitment by offering a guide pairing service to any athlete that requires one.
- Access to the Spring Market Finish Festival:
- Gourmet all inclusive brunch buffet for all participants
- Complimentary beer (must be 21 with a valid ID)
- Live music
- Spring flower station – free to take home
- Finisher medal for half marathon, 10K and Junior Dash participants
- High-quality, tech-running shirt (men/women sizing)
- Professional event timing and live results powered by Athlinks
- Awards for top overall finishers and top age group finishers
Listed below are the accommodations you will receive for reserving your spot in the VIP area. To choose your VIP option (Parking, no parking, kids) you will need to click the link below, find VIP Experience, then select from the dropdown menu under “Size.”
- Hot Breakfast
- Private portable bathrooms
- Open Bar (must be 21 or older)
- Private Gear Check (athletes only)
- Phone Charging Station
- Parking within walking distance from the event (if parking option is selected)
- Kids Goodie Bags available while supplies last*
- Race photos are tagged and linked to your Athlinks Results profile by your bib number. Please make sure your is clearly visible and worn on the front and outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Do NOT alter, fold or wrinkle the bib in any way.
- Four safety pins will be provided with your packet. Please fasten your bib at each corner.
- Tags are non-transferable and MUST be worn by only the participant to whom they are assigned.
- Bib number with gear check tag
- Safety pins for your bib number
- Race t-shirt*
* Participants will only receive the shirt size they selected during registration. If you need to exchange your shirt size, you may do so post-race at the results tent.