Chicago’s First Taste of Spring
The 11th Annual Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K, a signature event produced by Life Time, kicks off distance running season in the Chicago running community. Celebrating the city’s emergence from winter hibernation, the Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K delivers an intimate urban setting with lakefront course, charming finish line complete with a hot gourmet breakfast buffet, Athletico recovery zone, a Spring Market featuring local vendors, Spring flowers, beer garden, live acoustic music and more.
May 19, 2019
Register for the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon or 10K and receive the following:
- Access to the Spring Market Finish Festival:
- Gourmet hot-breakfast buffet for all participants
- Complimentary beer (must be 21 with a valid ID)
- Live music
- Spring flower station – free to take home
- Finisher medal for half marathon, 10K and Junior Dash participants
- Featuring a spinning Navy Pier Ferris Wheel (half & 10k)
- High-quality, tech-running shirt (men/women sizing)
- Free race photos courtesy of Athlinks
- Professional event timing and live results powered by Athlinks
- Awards for top overall finishers and top age group finishers
The Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K will start and finish along Columbus Drive, adjacent to our race venue, Maggie Daley Park. The course will utilize a combination of closed streets* and the Lakefront Path giving way to sweeping views of Chicago’s famed skyline and Lake Michigan. (2018 course map below)
*Course pending final approval by the City of Chicago and Chicago Department of Transportation.
2019 CHICAGOLAND HALF MARATHON SERIES
The Chicagoland Half Marathon Series is comprised of 2 events; Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon and the Chicago Half Marathon Presented by MY FIT KEY. Both events are signature events produced by Life Time and their Chicago based production team.
Ambitious participants have the opportunity to be recognized for their outstanding athletic achievement in taking part in our two Chicago races with the 26.2 Challenge award.
The Chicagoland Half Marathon Series is limited to the first 2,000 individuals who register for both half marathon distance races. Competitive awards will be offered to the top three male and female finishers using combined scores from both events.
- Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon – May 19, 2019
- Chicago Half Marathon presented by MY FIT KEY – September 29, 2019
As each race approaches, information will be made available regarding special program instructions and race perks. Contention rosters will be updated and posted here throughout the year.
HOW TO REGISTER
Contention for the Chicagoland Half Marathon Series Challenge is based on the completion of both the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon and the Chicago Half Marathon in the same calendar year.
- Register for both events at the same time: Register here for the 2019 Chicagoland Half Marathon Series 26.2 Challenge
- I already registered for the 2019 Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon event. How do I join the 26.2 Challenge?
Register for the 2019 Chicago Half Marathon. Please make sure to register using the same email you used for the Chicago Spring Half Marathon event. We’ll add you to the Chicagoland Half Marathon Series 26.2 Challenge.
For additional questions, please contact email@example.com
USA Track & Field
Chicago Area Runners Association
- May 11, 2018Get ready for the 2018 Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K taking place Sunday, May 20! We’ve been […]
- May 11, 2018MAKE RACE DAY BETTER The Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon and 10K has partnered with Athlinks to add to […]
- March 22, 2018LIFE TIME PARTNERS WITH USATF – ILLINOIS TO BRING STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS TO CHICAGO 10K and Half Marathon State Championships Coming […]
The Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K experience is at the pinnacle of athletic events thanks in part to our wonderful sponsors.
Interested in becoming a sponsor?
For information on sponsorship opportunities, please contact our sponsorship team.