Maggie Daley Park
337 E Randolph Street
Chicago, IL 60601
The race venue is located in the heart of downtown Chicago. Participants and spectators are encouraged to plan their travel and race day logistics ahead of time so you are prepared on the day of the race.
If you’re traveling from out of town or wish to stay closer to the race venue during the weekend, you can take advantage of the best hotel rates available in the marketplace through our hotel partner – Hotel Planner. This partnership provides the following advantages to make your stay in the windy city a breeze.
- Best Rates – Negotiated and online discounts
- Save Time – No more calling around to hotels
- Compare Offers – Hotels bid for your business
- Automation – Makes the process simple and fast
- Long Term Stays – Get discounts for long term stays
- Testimonials – Top notch customer service
- Administration – Free Event Website for your group
Race Day Logistics
Please review the different transportation options we suggest for getting to the race. Don’t forget about road closures as well. This could alter your route and mode of transportation.
Uber and Lyft are accessible at both airports. If you intend to use either option, make sure to download their mobile apps on either the App Store or Google Play.
Several Chicago Transit Authority rail and bus lines provide service to the downtown area. Research all bus and train schedules at www.transitchicago.com.
Participants living within a few miles of Maggie Daley Park are encouraged to use the Divvy bike share. There are a few divvy parking bays around Maggie Daley Park.
- Directly north, across Randolph St., in front of the Blue Cross Blue Shield building.
- SE of the park, across Lake Shore Dr., in front of the Chicago Yacht Club.
- A block west, on the corner of E Monroe Dr. and S Michigan Ave., near the Crown Fountain.
Plan your Divvy trip at divvybikes.com or download the Divvy app on your smartphone.
|Street||Beginning Point||Ending Point||Lanes||Closure Date||Closure Time||Re-Open Date||Re-Open Time|
|Randolph||Field Blvd||Columbus||EB Curb Lane||5/19/23||8:00 AM||5/21/23||5:00 PM|
|Monroe||Lake Shore Drive||Columbus||All Lanes||5/21/23||3:00 AM||5/21/23||2:00 PM|
|Columbus||Randolph||Congress||NB Lanes||5/21/23||3:00 AM||5/21/23||2:00 PM|
|Columbus||Randolph||Congress||SB Lanes||5/21/23||3:00 AM||5/21/23||12:00 PM|
|Columbus||Congress||Roosevelt||All Lanes||5/21/23||6:00 AM||5/21/23||9:00 AM|
|Randolph Exit (NB)||Lake Shore Drive||Randolph||NB Exit Lane||5/21/23||7:00 AM||5/21/23||12:00 PM|
|Intermediate Randolph||Lake Shore Drive||Columbus||EB Lanes||5/21/23||6:00 AM||5/21/23||12:00 PM|
Side Streets Impacted Include:
- Monroe – closed at Michigan to EB traffic (3am)
- Jackson – closed at LSD to WB traffice (3am)
- Jackson – closed at Michigan to EB traffic (6am)
- Congress – closed at Michigan to EB traffic (6am)
- Balbo – closed at LSD to WB traffic (6am)
- Balbo – closed at Michigan to EB traffic (6am)
- Int. Columbus – closed at Int. Randolph to SB traffic (3am)
Key Lakefront Trail Intersections Include:
- Monroe/Lakefront Trail – runners present from 8-11am
- Waldron/Lakefront Trail – runners present from 7-10:30am
Millennium Garages offer the closest options to Maggie Daley Park at the Millennium Lakeside Garage. Parking is also available at Grant Park North, Grant Park South, and Millennium Park Garages. Attendees must reserve parking in advance of race weekend to take advantage of a variety of discounted rates.
*If you are parking in the Lakeside Garage, you must enter from the southbound lanes as the northbound entrance will be closed.
If you require a Gear Check bag, you may pick one up at the dedicated Gear Check located at the southwest corner of Maggie Daley Park. Gear should be dropped-off prior to entering the Start Corrals.
In order to leave your personal items at Gear Check, participants must:
- Step 1 – Remove all contents from your backpack or purse, place them inside the clear plastic bag, and fold your backpack to place it in the clear bag.
- Step 2 – Attach the Gear Check tab from your race bib, using the beaded tie provided, to the bag for easy identification. You must display your race bib to drop off and pick up items from Gear Check. Baggage will not be accepted if your items are not properly stored inside the clear bag. All checked items must be visible.
All items must be placed inside the CLEAR PLASTIC BAGS provided at Gear Check on race morning. Baggage will not be accepted if your items are not properly stored inside the bag.
- Do not give your items to anyone other than the volunteers assigned to work at Gear Check. Life Time is not responsible for any lost or stolen items.
- All bags are subject to search and seizure by the Chicago Police, event security and race officials.
- Gear Check closes promptly at 12:00 p.m. If you do not claim your items in time, please contact Athlete Services by email: firstname.lastname@example.org All unclaimed items will be donated to a local charity 30 days after the event.