City or suburbs, the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K offers new and veteran runners a variety of training plans guaranteed to help you reach your goals in style.
Finish Line Training
Whatever your distance or experience level, Finish Line Training by Life Time Run will help you prepare to cross the finish line in May. Training options available to all registered event participants include social, supportive group training, a customized running plan or your own personal Certified LTR Coach. Below you’ll find a breakdown on how each training option works.
Get the training, support and expert advice you’ll need to be ready for the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K and do so at an incredible price. Group Training is held twice weekly at multiple Chicago locations, for a total of 24 sessions of Finish Line Training. Our professional coaching and support — as well as your training partners — will get you across the finish line.
Additional Run Group training benefits and features include:
- Exclusive Life Time Run beanie
- Weekly training guide from your coach
- Training Plan (12 weeks – 2 Coached sessions/week)
- Suburban Chicago Locations will have a 16 week plan.
- Speaker Series focusing on nutrition, cross-training and stretching
- Exclusive discount at our official Run Store Partner where available
Spring Half Marathon & 10K Training Program
Training begins Wednesday, February 28 2018
Downtown Chicago- Diversey Harbor
(Inner Lake Shore Dr. at Diversey Pkwy.)
Suburban Chicago – Life Time: Warrenville, Romeoville, Schaumburg
Downtown Chicago- $75
Suburban location – $100 (Member) / $150 (Non-member)
* Non-members receive club access for the educational seminars, but are welcome to participate in all outdoor workouts.
Virtual Training for the Chicago Spring Half Marathon – presented by Life Time Run
Prepare to run your best at the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon! The Life Time Run Virtual Training Program gives you access to a convenient online training plan, a virtual community of support and a premium event experience.
Register for the Virtual Training Program and receive:
- A 12-week online training plan and log through the Training Peaks App or website
- Support from our coaching team and your virtual training partners through a dedicated, private Facebook Group
- Group shake-out run on Saturday, May 19th
- Life Time Run VIP Tent access on race-day, including:
- Staffed private gear check, breakfast including coffee, post-race food, beer, mimosas, private restrooms
Training plan begins Monday, February 26th.
Fee: $75 (non-member), $10 Life Time member discount
Your coaching program is led by Rebekah Mayer, National Run Program Manager at Life Time, a Precision Nutrition, RRCA & USATF-Level 2 Endurance Certified Coach. Local tips and encouragement will be provided by Deborah Barnat, Midwest Regional Run Coordinator and RRCA Certified Coach.
Meet The Coaches
Jamie Thome & Katie Schmid
Jamie Thome and Katie Schmid met a decade ago when Katie coached Jamie for her first marathon. Quickly building on that success, they joined forces and made their coaching partnership official in 2010 when Jamie joined Katie’s staff at a Chicago charity endurance program.
With the inception of the downtown Life Time Run training program in February of 2013, Katie and Jamie introduced a unique program that combines a positive and professional training environment applicable to all levels of runners – from a first 5K to a 21st marathon. There is work – it can’t be avoided – but there is fun and camaraderie that aspires to make that work worthwhile.
Both are USATF Level 1 certified coaches who can advise on the javelin and hammer throw during their sessions if needed. They take pride in making running fun, or at least, in making the after-run drinks worth it. Rumor has it, Coach Katie is the mean one; fact is, Coach Jamie is the tall one.
In their spare time, Katie enjoys golfing (Jamie does not), and Jamie enjoys yoga (Katie does not). Neither can coach their own husband, and rely fully on the other to do so.
- October 9, 2017Now that we are entering the holiday season, some of us will be looking forward to some well deserved […]
- September 11, 2017One important facet of training, nutrition, is just as tedious to add to your routine as all the other elements. […]
- August 21, 2017Today, it seems as though our society has adopted this “all or nothing” type of mentality, and working out is […]