City or suburbs, the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K offers new and veteran runners a variety of training plans guaranteed to help you reach your goals in style.
Finish Line Training
Whatever your distance or experience level, Finish Line Training by Life Time Run will help you prepare to cross the finish line in May. Training options available to all registered event participants include social, supportive group training, a customized running plan or your own personal Certified LTR Coach. Below you’ll find a breakdown on how each training option works.
Get the training, support and expert advice you’ll need to be ready for the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K and do so at an incredible price. Group Training is held twice weekly at multiple Chicago locations, for a total of 24 sessions of Finish Line Training. Our professional coaching and support — as well as your training partners — will get you across the finish line.
Additional Run Group training benefits and features include:
- Exclusive – 1/4 zip tech pullover *new in 2019*
- Life Time Run pom-beanie
- Weekly training guide from your coach
- Training Plan (12 weeks – 2 Coached sessions/week)
- Educational Series focusing on nutrition, cross-training and stretching
- Exclusive discount at our official Run Store Partner where available*
Spring Half Marathon & 10K Training Program
Training begins Wednesday, February 27, 2019
Downtown Chicago- Diversey Harbor
(Inner Lake Shore Dr. at Diversey Pkwy.)
Suburban Chicago – Life Time: Warrenville, Romeoville, Northbrook
Downtown Chicago- $75*
Suburban location – $85 (Life Time Member), $135 (non-member)**
*Does not include access to Life Time club destinations
** Non-members receive club access for the educational seminars, and all workouts.
2 easy ways to register
- One registration, one transaction – Training may be added to your Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon & 10K race registration by selecting “Yes” to Life Time Run training during your race registration.
- Add it on – Already registered for the Byline Bank Chicago Spring Half Marathon? Click on Register and select the “Will Call/Training” option. Complete the prompts and you’ll be added to the training roster.
Life Time Run Online Training
Prepare for race day with Online Coaching by Life Time Run. Your personal coach will provide you with the motivation, accountability and customized workouts you need to take your training to the next level.
Choose from three levels of Online Coaching or a Customized Plan to help you get to the finish line with confidence!
Click here to find out more.
Meet The Coaches
Jamie Thome & Katie Schmid
Jamie Thome and Katie Schmid met a decade ago when Katie coached Jamie for her first marathon. Quickly building on that success, they joined forces and made their coaching partnership official in 2010 when Jamie joined Katie’s staff at a Chicago charity endurance program.
With the inception of the downtown Life Time Run training program in February of 2013, Katie and Jamie introduced a unique program that combines a positive and professional training environment applicable to all levels of runners – from a first 5K to a 21st marathon. There is work – it can’t be avoided – but there is fun and camaraderie that aspires to make that work worthwhile.
Both are USATF Level 1 certified coaches who can advise on the javelin and hammer throw during their sessions if needed. They take pride in making running fun, or at least, in making the after-run drinks worth it. Rumor has it, Coach Katie is the mean one; fact is, Coach Jamie is the tall one.
In their spare time, Katie enjoys golfing (Jamie does not), and Jamie enjoys yoga (Katie does not). Neither can coach their own husband, and rely fully on the other to do so.
- October 9, 2017Now that we are entering the holiday season, some of us will be looking forward to some well deserved […]
- September 11, 2017One important facet of training, nutrition, is just as tedious to add to your routine as all the other elements. […]
- August 21, 2017Today, it seems as though our society has adopted this “all or nothing” type of mentality, and working out is […]